We generally collect, hold, and use personal information for four purposes:
- service provision;
- optimisation and enhancement; and
- marketing and advertising.
We may notify you that we also collect, hold and use personal information for other purposes from time to time.
Where required or authorised by law, we may also share your personal information with third parties if we genuinely believe that the sharing of that personal information is required or authorised under law.
Provision of services and products to you
We use your personal information to:
- to provide you with services and products including via our website or via our call centre;
- to provide to our business partners or participating suppliers so that they can (where you have agreed) provide you with updates or information about their products and services and provide you with reminders;
- to provide to mortgage broker/s we refer you to, to assist with any enquiry you make about home loans;
- to provide to our service providers so that they can provide us with services that assist us to run our business and the websites;
- to reconcile transactions with our business partners or participating suppliers that supply you products because of our services;
- to provide to our service providers who we engage to provide you with your prize if you win a promotion.
In some cases, if you do not provide the information, we will not be able to provide our services to you and you may not be able to claim your prize.
We use your personal information to provide you with customer support, including dealing with complaints and enquiries. We may also use your information for activities including:
- to administer competitions and promotions;
- to send special offers or reminders;
- to seek your opinions and feedback; and
- to telephone you about the services and products we offer.
If you win a competition that we (or our agents) run, we may also seek your consent to use your name, image (e.g. photograph), and/or voice recordings for the purpose of promoting or marketing the competition and/or our services.
Optimisation and enhancement
We use your personal information to provide, improve and maintain our website and call centres and the Services we offer, including developing new products and services. Your information may also be used:
- to prevent abuse and fraud;
- in conjunction with other information, for analytical and statistical purposes;
- to personalize and customise your online experience, including advertisements and content; and
- for other administrative and internal business purposes.
Smaver may record details or block particular I.P. addresses (and where required provide those details to third parties to assist us) to maintain the integrity of the website where there is suspicious or excessive use of the websites.
Marketing & Advertising
We use your personal information to market and advertise our business and products and services to you. Your information may also be used to customise and display advertisements and content for you.
We may use various services or organisations to analyse collected data about your interaction with our website, services, or other aspects of our business. The information that is collected is not generally personally identifiable as it is aggregated data that does not identify any individual user.
Third-party organisations may share user information they collect from our website with other analytics companies that collect, analyse and report on data obtained from their clients. In some cases, the non-personally identifiable information collected from our website or services may be linked with information collected by a third-party source to become personally identifiable. We will not link, or merge information collected by us with information collected by third-party organisations without your consent. However, Google, Facebook, or other third parties may merge or link your information if you have provided your consent for them to do that.
By using our website, call centre, and services, you consent to:
a) the collection of data by our ad servers or third-party affiliates, or the transfer of information to them, wherever necessary, for optimisation and enhancement of our website and services and to tailor the content and advertising that is delivered to you; and
b) receiving email or SMS communications from us. To safeguard the personal information that may be accessible from communications from us, we recommend that you only provide us with contact details over which you maintain access and control.
You can opt-out of marketing and advertisements at any time. The process for unsubscribing from our communications is set out below.